What is Fashion?



Lets talk about fashion. What is fashion?
What is the first thing that comes in your mind when you think about "fashion"?


I see a  fashion as a popular trend in clothing, jewellery, make-up, cars, mobiles etc. So for me any popular trend in style is a fashion. Of course, a style becomes fashion when a large population finds it attractive. So a new fashion is simply a new style or a new way of doing something.

Most of the fashions become obsolete within short period of time. However, there are some fashions which have the capability to actually become a custom. Furthermore, some fashions may be periodic i.e. they become unpopular and then become popular again after some years.

A fashion trend strongly depends upon  the habits and customs of the region in which it is introduced. For example, a short skirt could not become a fashion in Arab world. Similarly a veil is improbable to become a fashion in the western world.   

Through this blog I will continue my discussion on fashion. I would discuss the most recent trends in fashion. And why not some show biz and fun from time to time -:)

1 comment:

  1. When I think of fashion, I think of Madona :D

    ReplyDelete